At Polycase our mission is simple: leverage the latest technologies to create the next generation of defense, training and hunting ammunition with tried and true performance. We accomplished this mission with the introduction of our Inceptor® Preferred Hunting line, featuring the patent-pending Polycase® ARX® projectile. This non-expanding projectile is light, fast and has low recoil while retaining a flat trajectory. Its fluted design ensures exceptional reliability and terminal performance while diminishing the possibility of over-penetration. At Polycase, we want to change everything you know about ammo.
ARX® bullets are engineered for hydraulic displacement and terminal energy transfer to targets.
ARX® design pressurizes and ejects fluid target matter. A bullet traveling at 1400 FPS upon terminal impact will cause fluid matter to eject laterally at 1.5 to 2 times the normal speed of the bullet (2100–2800 FPS). This is the result of the well-known Venturi Effect.The revolutionary 45 Colt UM1TM ARX® Lever not only brings ARX® hunting to the Lever Action community, but also highlights the unmatched design and manufacturing capabilities of Polycase through the introduction of three unique patent-pending primer spacers on the ogive of the projectile. These primer spacers prevent ignition of the ammunition in tubular magazines while preserving the fluid disruption and non-expanding performance characteristics unique to the ARX® bullet.
- REVOLUTIONARY HUNTING TECHNOLOGY: From the research and development laboratory of Polycase Ammunition®, the Inceptor® ARX® is the next-generation of hunting ammunition. Through advanced design and materials science the ARX® uses fluid dynamics and non-expanding surface area instead of expansion to achieve terminal performance.
- ENGINEERED FLUID DYNAMICS: By design, the enhanced surface area and design of the ARX® exploit the bullet’s forward energy and redirect that energy in the form of hydraulic displacement (hydrostatic shock). This hydraulic displacement creates a wound cavity that rivals that created by expanding bullets.
- LATERAL FORCE: The ARX® bullet’s hydraulic displacement effect is achieved by the ARX® technology. The ARX® flutes – grooves on the nose of the bullet – have wide mouths and narrow exit points. When combined with the bullet’s forward velocity into soft tissue, the design of the ARX® flutes causes an increase in pressure of the fluid. As a result, the fluid is laterally ejected from the flutes at a higher velocity than the actual speed of the bullet itself, creating the massive cavitation and wound channels seen in the ARX® gelatin tests.
- SPECIALLY ENGINEERED PROFILE: Because it has no hollow-point or sharp edges on the nose of the bullet, the ARX® feeds like a round nose, yet retains stopping power and terminal performance that rivals expanding bullets.
- PRECISE: Injection molded ARX® projectiles deliver exceptional accuracy.
- HIGH VELOCITY: Achieves higher velocity and higher energy than many other hunting cartridges, yet imparts less recoil for quicker follow up shots.
- ADVANCED MATERIALS: Performs in a wide range of conditions and weapons systems,
- CURRENTLY AVAILABLE IN: .45 Colt Lever, .458 SOCOM & .50 Beowulf
- DESIGN AND UTILITY PATENTS PENDING
.45 COLT ARX® UM1™ Lever
56 gr ARX®
1350 fps / 640 ft. lbs
.458 SOCOM 140 Gr ARX®
140 gr ARX®
2460 fps / 1882 ft. lbs.
.458 SOCOM 200 Gr ARX®
200 gr ARX®
2250 fps / 2249 ft. lbs.