A NEW TWIST ON AMMUNITION.
The NEXT Generation of Defense Technology
Introduced in January 2014, the ARX® is a new projectile in every sense of the word: from the way it is manufactured, to its shape to the way it transfers energy to the target. To understand the ARX®, one needs to forget nearly everything they’ve been told about projectiles. The non-expanding ARX® is injection molded from a specially blended polymer-metal matrix. It is designed to penetrate most intermediate barriers without deformation and consistently achieves its terminal effect in soft targets and tissue. It is light weight; thereby producing reduced recoil and allowing for faster on-target follow up shots. The ARX® design and weight also means the projectile will penetrate through half as many walls as conventional lead-core projectiles; thereby, significantly reducing the risk of collateral damage should the user miss their intended target.
Even the heaviest clothing barriers have little to no effect on the terminal performance of the ARX® bullet. The ARX® penetrates straight until it encounters soft tissue. Upon entering soft tissue, the specially designed grooves in the nose harness the soft tissue and constrict, pressurize and eject it at 1.5 to 2 times the directional speed of the bullet. This is the well-known Venturi Effect. As the bullet penetrates it tumbles in a controlled, predictable fashion that delivers consistent terminal performance that rivals conventional hollow point designs.
A 9mm ARX® bullet traveling at 1,545 fps will result in fluid flowing through the ARX® flutes at nearly 3,000 fps, resulting in 13″-16″ of penetration into bare 10% ballistics ordnance gelatin and a temporary wound channel in soft tissue that is approximately 3″(W) and 9″(L).
- REVOLUTIONARY DEFENSE TECHNOLOGY: From the research and development laboratory of Polycase Asia Sdn Bhd®, the Inceptor® ARX® is the next-generation of defense ammunition. Through advanced design and materials science the ARX® uses fluid dynamics and non-expanding surface area instead of expansion to achieve terminal performance.
- ENGINEERED FLUID DYNAMICS: By design, the enhanced surface area and design of the ARX® exploit the bullet’s forward energy and redirect that energy in the form of hydraulic displacement (hydrostatic shock). This hydraulic displacement creates a wound cavity that rivals that created by expanding bullets.
- LATERAL FORCE: The ARX® bullet’s hydraulic displacement effect is achieved by the ARX® technology. The ARX® flutes – grooves on the nose of the bullet – have wide mouths and narrow exit points. When combined with the bullet’s forward velocity into soft tissue, the design of the ARX® flutes causes an increase in pressure of the fluid. As a result, the fluid is laterally ejected from the flutes at a higher velocity than the actual speed of the bullet itself, creating the massive cavitation and wound channels seen in the ARX® gelatin tests.
- SPECIALLY ENGINEERED PROFILE: Because it has no hollow-point or sharp edges on the nose of the bullet, the ARX® feeds like a round nose, yet retains stopping power and terminal performance that exceeds many expanding handgun bullets.
- PRECISE: Injection molded ARX® projectiles deliver exceptional accuracy.
- HIGH VELOCITY: Achieves higher velocity and higher energy than many other defense cartridges, yet imparts less recoil for quicker follow up shots.
- ADVANCED MATERIALS: Performs in a wide range of conditions and weapons systems, including suppressed.
- CURRENTLY AVAILABLE IN: 380 Auto, 9mm Luger, 9mm Luger +P, 38 Special, 357 Magnum, 40 S&W and 45 Auto.
- DESIGN AND UTILITY PATENTS PENDING